March 2021. ANEW Modifies Existing Colorado Green Energy Legislation to support micro-grid technology. We are working to modify laws in the Spring of 2021. The language that is going into the bills includes the following: When the sun goes down, power is not being generated using just solar, while Micro-Grid wind power is available 24/7.
- Electric Vehicles are going to put more of a demand on our infrastructure. We need Parking Structures for equipment that creates power for these vehicles.
- A modification to HB19-1298 to support to support grants to build small charging stations where wind, water, and solar power are created at the point of use using Micro-Grid technology.
- We are requesting that new CDOT Infrastructure needs to fabricate energy using wind Micro-Grid power at the point of distribution.
- Micro-Grid wind turbines need to generate power at low wind speeds. <5MPH at the point of use
- Micro-Grid wind turbines must be wildlife friendly, small (below 7' tall), low decibels, able to plug into existing solar grids.
- Micro-Grid water turbines need to be used to collect water from charging parking.
April 2019 - Colorado Adopts 12 New Renewable Energy Laws to retire carbon based energy while promoting green energy. The new laws support the state to use 100% renewable energy by 2040. We think these trends will spread across the world.
February 7th 2020 - The Green New Deal Climate Change Proposal is a program that will benefit society. The result is policies with positive intentions.
July 2020 - We had fires surrounding our office. Climate change is here in the Western part of the USA.
At the 21st Conference of the Parties in Paris in 2015, Parties to the UNFCCC reached a landmark agreement to combat climate change and to accelerate and intensify the actions and investments needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
Pat Conarro, our CEO, was on the ground in Shenzhen China for his first time in 5 years. The city banned petroleum based motor scooters. This city is new, something is different. What a treat to come back and see such revolutionary changes.
United Nations 2009 Climate Conference - On Friday 18 December, the final day of the conference, international media reported that the climate talks were "in disarray". Media also reported that in lieu of a summit collapse, only a "weak political statement" was anticipated at the conclusion of the conference.
Negotiations to strengthen the global response to climate change, and two years later, adopted the Kyoto Protocol. The Kyoto Protocol legally binds developed country Parties to emission reduction targets.
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC):
The UN family is at the forefront of the effort to save our planet. In 1992, its “Earth Summit” produced the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) as a first step in addressing the climate change problem.